Last visit was: It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 06:34


All times are UTC [ DST ]



Welcome
Welcome to samsungi8320 Info and development of the Samsung H1 smartphone

Feel free to post in your own language.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2011, 04:27 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
When i do flash i8320_70.tar
everything loads fine but touch screen totally useless. Cant clivl to anywhere.

When i go back to limo everything works fine...
Why?


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 13:38 

Joined: 13 Sep 2011, 14:17
Posts: 174
Pull out the usb cable and the turn display off/on. Now the touchscreen will work.
There is a problem when booting with usb connected.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 12:10 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
r3d4 wrote:
Pull out the usb cable and the turn display off/on. Now the touchscreen will work.
There is a problem when booting with usb connected.


Thanks you for hard work you did put on guys, you are really great, its such beautifull project almost got a fully working android.

I fear my problem could be much wrost then you think. I did install both versions of gho files, pho and clint. I did install tar files from their links. everything goes smooth, loadings, recognize everything, 3g, phonecard, usb cable, charges from usb cable, chatge level, idk everything looks fine.

Else then touchscreen, no matter how many times i do reset, and yes without cable, its still no working at all.
Is there a change another version of touchscreen used in my phone (then why when i install oc limo roms, which is used by you as well, its working without a problem)

Is there a bootlog or something i can see whats wrong with my phone?

Still i cannot solve why my touchscreen is not working at all. And i do envy ppl coz im an android user, and limo without a 360 account is unbearable.

Best Regards, and thanks for your work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 21:45 

Joined: 13 Sep 2011, 14:17
Posts: 174
Hm, indeed this sounds like a different issue. Did you have a touchscreeen repair sometime before.
Because i heard from some chineese guys they replaced their thouchscreens with new ones and this ones
were not compatible with our android driver but limo was ok. So they ported a differnt driver and now it works in android too.
So if you had your device to repair there might be a chance they changed the panel type and you have the same problem.

To clarify this you can do a kernel message log. Do following command direct after devices is booted:
Code:
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log
And provide the generated dmesg.log file.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2011, 18:59 

Joined: 27 Oct 2011, 01:18
Posts: 49
i also have issues with touchscreen lately, bottom of it, doesnt work. this only happens with keyboards, and yes, ive tried some.
if i use landscape, i have the same problem in the same places.
any way of calibrating it?
can't test it on limo, my nand is broken.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 18:40 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
r3d4 wrote:
Hm, indeed this sounds like a different issue. Did you have a touchscreeen repair sometime before.
Because i heard from some chineese guys they replaced their thouchscreens with new ones and this ones
were not compatible with our android driver but limo was ok. So they ported a differnt driver and now it works in android too.
So if you had your device to repair there might be a chance they changed the panel type and you have the same problem.

To clarify this you can do a kernel message log. Do following command direct after devices is booted:
Code:
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log
And provide the generated dmesg.log file.


No there was no repair on my phone, and i brought it 3 weeks ago. Idk if they sold me a secondhand device but it was looking like a new one. Didnt felt like im scamed.

This is my homescreen and a logo that shouldnt be there on it. I guess its represents driver error.

And u guess the command you wished is a linux command, so i need to install linux :(


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 18:56 
User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 23:37
Posts: 343
for adb shell you need the android sdk: http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r16-windows.exe

you need the java jdk for installing the android sdk: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 77129.html

you also need the android usb driver for i8320: http://code.google.com/p/h1droid/downlo ... _driver.7z

you need to install the android platform tools within the android sdk.
after that you have to open a command prompt, change into the android sdk directory (for me it is C:\Programme\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools) and execute adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 20:29 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
Im getting "Access Denided" error.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 21:32 
User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 23:37
Posts: 343
where?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 21:53 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
ilja wrote:
where?


I did install programs as said, in windows 7 i think there was an security option shit coz it was requiring admin privilidge to create a file in abd directory, then i copied directory to c:, and i got the file, here it is.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 22:16 
User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 23:37
Posts: 343
it's not containing the info, which could be used for inspecting your issue. please do a dmesg once again, but directly after powering on the phone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011, 00:23 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
ilja wrote:
it's not containing the info, which could be used for inspecting your issue. please do a dmesg once again, but directly after powering on the phone


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011, 00:39 
User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 23:37
Posts: 343
<4>[ 47.569030] [TOUCH] enable touch pins
<3>[ 47.625762] synaptics_rmi4_i2c synaptics: synaptics_rmi4_i2c_query_device: non-Synaptics mfg id:0

this message comes from

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi4.c:870

seems you have some other kind of touchscreen or it is not properly recognized


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011, 01:09 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
ilja wrote:
<4>[ 47.569030] [TOUCH] enable touch pins
<3>[ 47.625762] synaptics_rmi4_i2c synaptics: synaptics_rmi4_i2c_query_device: non-Synaptics mfg id:0

this message comes from

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi4.c:870

seems you have some other kind of touchscreen or it is not properly recognized


So what can i do for it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011, 02:26 
User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 23:37
Posts: 343
you might ask someone to compile the cypress touchpanel module for you, perhaps it will work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011, 11:35 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
ilja wrote:
you might ask someone to compile the cypress touchpanel module for you, perhaps it will work.


Is there any way to identify touchpanel? Or is there so many brand and model, is it something so hard? Can i complie drivers myself if i install linux. Dont want to be burden to others so much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011, 14:53 
User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 23:37
Posts: 343
try to flash this kernel image: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QKPU2GI1
it has the built-in touchscreen support disabled, so the touchscreen can be enabled by loading the module separately.
i've compiled three different modules, which have to be pushed via adb to /system/lib/modules (adb push <modulename> /system/lib/modules/). http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9RAS7H3W

go into the adb shell, after that you can try to execute "insmod /system/lib/modules/<modulename>", where <modulename> has to be either syntm12xx.ko or mcs5000_ts.ko.
the synaptics_i2c_rmi4.ko is the standard module, which is working for me and for most of h1droid users here. please post your results.

Edit: files mentioned above also available here https://github.com/illyah/android_devic ... /downloads


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011, 23:34 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
ilja wrote:
try to flash this kernel image: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QKPU2GI1
it has the built-in touchscreen support disabled, so the touchscreen can be enabled by loading the module separately.
i've compiled three different modules, which have to be pushed via adb to /system/lib/modules (adb push <modulename> /system/lib/modules/). http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9RAS7H3W

go into the adb shell, after that you can try to execute "insmod /system/lib/modules/<modulename>", where <modulename> has to be either syntm12xx.ko or mcs5000_ts.ko.
the synaptics_i2c_rmi4.ko is the standard module, which is working for me and for most of h1droid users here. please post your results.

Edit: files mentioned above also available here https://github.com/illyah/android_devic ... /downloads



Ok i downloaded files, first i did push syntm12xx.ko then insmod it (first it said nothing and i tried again it said it already exist so i assumed it was ok)
But nothing changed i made 2 more restart both was same.

I did load tar via odin again for a clear try (idk was it right thing to do) I did install mcs5000_ts.ko as well according to steps, unfortunetly nothing changed.

I wanted to paste dmesg log files for both.

there is another problem appeared today :) When i write dmesg i can see result flowing in shell.
But when i write command output for log file, it dosent give any error but dosent create the file neither. I do run it with admin privilidge but pfff...

As soon as i figure out will upload dmesg logs for both drivers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 15:44 

Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 18:58
Posts: 18
inchca wrote:
As soon as i figure out will upload dmesg logs for both drivers.


Here is 3 dmesg log after i failed 3 times, sorry for late response, till i figure out whats wrong with command :P


Ist there any possible way to identify touch panel from limo or any other way?


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Touchscreen not working.
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 17:58 
User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 23:37
Posts: 343
there is no info about loading the touchscreen module in logfiles you've posted. you don't need to reflash the tar each time, simply power on your device after flashing and wait until the android loading is complete. after that insmod a touchscreen module and do a dmesg directly. last lines of dmesg should let you know, if the module was registered successfully.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Donate Now
Donate Now



Hosted by © 2014 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation

Theme created StylerBB.net
suspicion-preferred