This guide is intended to help those who have trouble understanding the process of installing the latest CWM Recovery( ClockWorkMod)ROMs from scratch on the H1.
Original R3D4 guide here: onenand-mtd-multiboot-recovery-cm7-2rc1-t765.HTMLIt is apparant that this site contains a jumble of information regarding different methods of installing roms and can be confusing to newcomers. This method supersedes all other methods of installing Android to the device.The initial files that will be provided here for installing Android will be the original R3D4 files. R3D4 is the original author of the kernel and ROMs provided here and all other ROM's are modified versions which you install at your own risk.
However having said this many of the ROM's contain fixes and patches to further enhance the running of these ROM's on your device.
All versions are adapted CYANOGENMOD7 ROM'S: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/What_is_CyanogenModUPDATE: Due to some people having problems with the original files (boot loops e.t.c.), there is a link provided at the end for an updated rom which I have personally tested and modified.
Once you have familiarized yourself with this install method it is easy to install any other modified ROM.BEFORE WE BEGIN I AM GOING TO OFFER SOME WARNINGS:While it is unlikely there is always a possibility installing any ROM could brick your device if something goes wrong. This is usually due to people not following directions properly or not using the correct files or software.
If you are unsure of any step then do not continue until you are sure of what you are doing.
This process will completely wipe LIMO OS from your device, internal user (16GB) memory will remain intact and untouched.
I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________BEFORE BEGINNING THE INSTALL YOU WILL NEED AN SD CARD, 2GB AND ABOVE IS PREFERABLE, BUT 1GB IS ACCEPTABLE. THIS CARD NEEDS TO BE FORMATTED WITH FAT32.
Before we begin the install we need to install the USB drivers for the phone to the PC:http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownlo ... 41878.html
Download and install these drivers then reboot your PC.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Ok once that is done here is the install method:
1. First of all we need to download Odin, the U-boot and the kernel here:
Odin - http://www.mediafire.com/?5z0s0rvbcspzzba
U-Boot - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... CWM5r1.tar
Kernel - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... _k2632.zip
2. Copy the file r3d4_cm72rc1_20120603_k2632.zip
to the SDCARD.
(NOTE: it is possible to copy this file to the internal memory of the phone instead of an SDCARD, but there must not be an SDCARD in the phone when booting.)
3. Power off the phone, insert the SDCARD and then you need to put the phone in download mode - Press and hold the camera button and the volume down button together, while still holding press and hold the power button until download mode appears.
4. Connect your USB cable to the phone and the PC
5. Run Odin
then click the PDA
button on the right and load the file i8320_CWM5r1.tar
you downloaded above. Leave all other options at default, next click the START
button and wait for Odin to finish flashing.
Once finished it will attempt to reboot the phone, however the phone cannot fully boot yet as we have not installed the Kernel and OS, so we must boot into recovery mode.
At this point the USB cable can be removed.
6. Once the phone has rebooted you will see the U-boot menu. As soon as you see this menu then using the volume up/down keys select RESCUE RECOVERY
and then press the CALL
key (phone symbol) to select. The red key on the phone is the BACK
7. You should now see another menu. Select INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD
then select CHOOSE ZIP FROM SDCARD
. Now select the file r3d4_cm72rc1_20120603_k2632.zip
, you will see another menu asking to confirm the install. Select YES
to begin the install.
8. Wait for the install to finish then press the back key then from the menu select 'REBOOT SYSTEM NOW'
. The phone will power off but not reboot, you must press the power button and wait until the U-boot menu appears.
9. Up to this point you should see the U-boot menu counting down from 10secs, you can either just wait or or press the CALL
button to begin booting into Android.
10. The initial boot takes a good while as the OS initialises, so just be patient and wait. Subsequent boots will be quicker.
Once booted and all has gone well you should see the homescreen and have a fully working version of Android.NOTES:
1. This guide refers mainly to the R3D4 files above, there are new versions of U-boot available i8320-cwm-wtbdaaaa0701-tar-t958.html
This version has a special way of booting into Recovery mode.
2. Any CWM ROM for the H1 can be installed with this method.
3. There are various patches and fixes posted on this forum for some issues depending on which ROM you install. You can use the patches below on this ROM. To install the patches follow the method above to install the ZIP in RESCUE RECOVERY
Google Apps - https://cyanogenmod-kovsky.googlecode.c ... signed.zip
Enable Overclock - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... rclock.zip
Enable EMMC (SDCARD default storage) - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... e_emmc.zip
Alternative touchscreen (for non original touchscreen) - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... 32_tsp.zip
Enable EMMC (Internal memory) as default storage - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?163xn3x15yg5x2o
No EMMC - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d58sp7vv2r1ivcpUpdated rom: kyanite-2013-04-04-rom-update-ashy-t1181.html