Last visit was: It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 08:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to samsungi8320 Info and development of the Samsung H1 smartphone

Feel free to post in your own language.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: BEGINNERS GUIDE TO INSTALLING CWM ROMS
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 10:36 

This guide is intended to help those who have trouble understanding the process of installing the latest CWM Recovery( ClockWorkMod)ROMs from scratch on the H1.
Original R3D4 guide here: onenand-mtd-multiboot-recovery-cm7-2rc1-t765.HTML

It is apparant that this site contains a jumble of information regarding different methods of installing roms and can be confusing to newcomers. This method supersedes all other methods of installing Android to the device.

The initial files that will be provided here for installing Android will be the original R3D4 files. R3D4 is the original author of the kernel and ROMs provided here and all other ROM's are modified versions which you install at your own risk.
However having said this many of the ROM's contain fixes and patches to further enhance the running of these ROM's on your device.

All versions are adapted CYANOGENMOD7 ROM'S: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/What_is_CyanogenMod

UPDATE: Due to some people having problems with the original files (boot loops e.t.c.), there is a link provided at the end for an updated rom which I have personally tested and modified.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once you have familiarized yourself with this install method it is easy to install any other modified ROM.

BEFORE WE BEGIN I AM GOING TO OFFER SOME WARNINGS:

While it is unlikely there is always a possibility installing any ROM could brick your device if something goes wrong. This is usually due to people not following directions properly or not using the correct files or software.
If you are unsure of any step then do not continue until you are sure of what you are doing.
This process will completely wipe LIMO OS from your device, internal user (16GB) memory will remain intact and untouched.

I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BEFORE BEGINNING THE INSTALL YOU WILL NEED AN SD CARD, 2GB AND ABOVE IS PREFERABLE, BUT 1GB IS ACCEPTABLE. THIS CARD NEEDS TO BE FORMATTED WITH FAT32.

Before we begin the install we need to install the USB drivers for the phone to the PC:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownlo ... 41878.html

Download and install these drivers then reboot your PC.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok once that is done here is the install method:

1. First of all we need to download Odin, the U-boot and the kernel here:

Odin - http://www.mediafire.com/?5z0s0rvbcspzzba
U-Boot - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... CWM5r1.tar
Kernel - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... _k2632.zip

2. Copy the file r3d4_cm72rc1_20120603_k2632.zip to the SDCARD.
(NOTE: it is possible to copy this file to the internal memory of the phone instead of an SDCARD, but there must not be an SDCARD in the phone when booting.)

3. Power off the phone, insert the SDCARD and then you need to put the phone in download mode - Press and hold the camera button and the volume down button together, while still holding press and hold the power button until download mode appears.

4. Connect your USB cable to the phone and the PC

5. Run Odin then click the PDA button on the right and load the file i8320_CWM5r1.tar you downloaded above. Leave all other options at default, next click the START button and wait for Odin to finish flashing.

Once finished it will attempt to reboot the phone, however the phone cannot fully boot yet as we have not installed the Kernel and OS, so we must boot into recovery mode.
At this point the USB cable can be removed.

6. Once the phone has rebooted you will see the U-boot menu. As soon as you see this menu then using the volume up/down keys select RESCUE RECOVERY and then press the CALL key (phone symbol) to select. The red key on the phone is the BACK key.

7. You should now see another menu. Select INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD then select CHOOSE ZIP FROM SDCARD. Now select the file r3d4_cm72rc1_20120603_k2632.zip, you will see another menu asking to confirm the install. Select YES to begin the install.

8. Wait for the install to finish then press the back key then from the menu select 'REBOOT SYSTEM NOW'. The phone will power off but not reboot, you must press the power button and wait until the U-boot menu appears.

9. Up to this point you should see the U-boot menu counting down from 10secs, you can either just wait or or press the CALL button to begin booting into Android.

10. The initial boot takes a good while as the OS initialises, so just be patient and wait. Subsequent boots will be quicker.
Once booted and all has gone well you should see the homescreen and have a fully working version of Android.

NOTES:
1. This guide refers mainly to the R3D4 files above, there are new versions of U-boot available i8320-cwm-wtbdaaaa0701-tar-t958.html
This version has a special way of booting into Recovery mode.

2. Any CWM ROM for the H1 can be installed with this method.

3. There are various patches and fixes posted on this forum for some issues depending on which ROM you install. You can use the patches below on this ROM. To install the patches follow the method above to install the ZIP in RESCUE RECOVERY mode.

Google Apps - https://cyanogenmod-kovsky.googlecode.c ... signed.zip
Enable Overclock - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... rclock.zip
Enable EMMC (SDCARD default storage) - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... e_emmc.zip
Alternative touchscreen (for non original touchscreen) - https://github.com/downloads/r3d4/andro ... 32_tsp.zip
Enable EMMC (Internal memory) as default storage - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?163xn3x15yg5x2o
No EMMC - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d58sp7vv2r1ivcp

Updated rom: kyanite-2013-04-04-rom-update-ashy-t1181.html

Good luck :wave

Last edited by ashy on 08 Sep 2013, 10:06, edited 22 times in total.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: BEGINNERS GUIDE TO INSTALL CWM ROMS
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 10:54 

Good work, ashy!!

Report this post

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 11:10 

I wish I could see this ROM about 4 months ago...I have already damaged my 16GB Memory... :( Anyway, nice work buddy! Thanks...

Report this post

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 12:32 

ashy wrote:
I WOULD ASK IF POSSIBLE FOR A MOD TO MAKE THIS A STICKY IF IT IS A VIABLE GUIDE :D

Good work, Clint will be able to help you with that request.

Report this post

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 21:37 

My phone restarts every time by the cyanogen picture. What to do?
I have done every step, I think..

Report this post

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 23:32 

Use this rom to install form recovery console > http://www.mediafire.com/?dam4r41a4k5u78z from this topic my-new-and-last-2-roms-for-h1-links-added-t969.html

Edit:
First wipe data / clear cache

and then instal zip form sd card
webmatrix has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 07:34 

at the last stage there is no option to reboot

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 07:39 

Press the right-front button on your phone, the the phonecall button.

P.s. on forums they dont like crossposting ;)

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 08:21 

the right button is the cancel button,left is call

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 08:25 

With the cancel button you get back to the reboot menu.

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 08:34 

done it,chose reboot now,phone turned off,held power button till,uboot,chose,nand,how long does the arrow go round that little man on scateboard,lol. sobseqent boots will be quicker,does that mean it will boot more than once

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 10:08 

I can guarantee this guide works and is intended for installing from scratch. if you have installed any version of android before then I suggest wiping caches first.

ALSO MAY I ASK PEOPLE DO NOT POST OTHER ROMS OR LINKS TO OTHER ROMS IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 10:12 

how long does arrow go round that little robot,lol.

how do you wipe caches

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 10:39 

Please be aware the first boot takes a while as the system needs to initialize. If you have a boot loop then wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache advanced/dalvik cache then install the zip again.

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 10:43 

ashy wrote:
Please be aware the first boot takes a while as the system needs to initialize. If you have a boot loop then wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache advanced/dalvik cache then install the zip again.

eeeerrr can you say that again,lol.

there is just an arrow going round a robot for over 2 hrs,lol.

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 10:58 

bill1032 wrote:
ashy wrote:

eeeerrr can you say that again,lol.

there is just an arrow going round a robot for over 2 hrs,lol.

From the recovery console menu (see screen shots above) first select WIPE CACHE PARTITION then press the CALL key. Next select ADVANCED press the CALL key then select WIPE DALVIK CACHE press the CALL key. Now reboot and re-install the rom.

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 11:16 

done it,stayed showing files longer,and more files than before, that silly robot and arrow is back,are they supposed to be there

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 11:47 

bill1032 wrote:
done it,stayed showing files longer,and more files than before, that silly robot and arrow is back,are they supposed to be there

the cyanogen logo is the boot screen. it nay take anything up to 5 mins to fully boot.
if it doesnt complete then i suggest you redownload the rom and copy to your sdcard again as you may have a corrupt download.

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 13:13 

ashy wrote:
From the recovery console menu (see screen shots above) first select WIPE CACHE PARTITION then press the CALL key. Next select ADVANCED press the CALL key then select WIPE DALVIK CACHE press the CALL key. Now reboot and re-install the rom.

Done, but no results. It keeps rebooting by cyanogen picture.
I've installed the rom of sousa, and that works!

Thanks for support!

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 14:21 

booted up in 2 mins,lol,but no phone reception,says its on aeroplane mode,how do i put it on normal

turned aerolpane off but no reception

Last edited by bill1032 on 15 Jul 2012, 16:08, edited 2 times in total.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next